When you decide that it is time to begin the process of business formation in Virginia, one of your first tasks will be deciding how to structure your business. For many, forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC) is the best structuring choice.
However, before going forward with the process, it is important to know what is involved in forming an LLC. Acquiring such knowledge assists in making the right decisions during the business formation phase and for many years thereafter.
Once you are ready to begin developing your company, it is wise to go ahead and find a business attorney. The many benefits of acquiring legal guidance include:
- Access to business formation advice tailored to you and your company
- Comprehensive explanations about the steps involved in forming a company
- The ability to relay on a legal professional to draft your business documents, secure required licenses and permits and file the necessary paperwork on your behalf
- Advice about how to protect your personal and business assets
- An advocate to assist you with any legal hurdles you may encounter during the process of business formation
- Advice about how to protect your company if you plan to bring in business partners
If you succeed in finding the right attorney, your relationship with him or her can continue indefinitely to the benefit of you and your LLC.
Maintaining a relationship with a business attorney provides you with a source of business advice from someone who has been there with you right from the beginning. If someone tries to file a suit against your business, having an attorney familiar with your LLC already in place may greatly improve your odds of preserving your business and its assets.